As stated in the UIC Undergraduate Catalog, College Honors will be awarded at the time of graduation to those students with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.50/4.00. A student must meet one of the following conditions to graduate with College Honors:
- All course work has been entirely in residence at UIC and the UIC cumulative GPA is at least 3.50/4.00.
- The UIC cumulative GPA (based on at least 30 graded hours) and the combined UIC plus transfer cumulative average is at least 3.50/4.00.
Departmental distinction will be awarded at the time of graduation to those students meeting the unique conditions specified by the department of their declared major or curriculum. The requirements for departmental distinction can be found within each LAS degree program
description in the UIC Undergraduate Catalog.
As stated in the UIC Undergraduate Catalog, University Honors (Latin Honors) are awarded to graduating students whose UIC GPA falls within the following honors categories:
- Summa cum laude: 3.90 UIC GPA and above
- Magna cum laude: 3.75 to 3.89 UIC GPA and above
- Cum laude: 3.50 to 3.74 UIC GPA and above
Exceptional academic achievement in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is recognized each term by inclusion on the Dean’s List. Eligibility is based on a 3.50/4.00 term GPA with a minimum program of 12 semester hours of course work applicable toward degree requirements and exclusive of basic military science and basic activity courses in physical education. At least 9 semester hours must be earned for letter grades, in addition to a grade of Credit earned in any course taken on a credit/no credit basis.