Pre-law Advising at UIC is sponsored by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences through the LAS Academic Advising Center. However, students and alumni from all UIC colleges interested in a career in law are encouraged to take advantage of the wealth of resources available through Pre-Law Advising.
About the Pre-Law Advisor:
Adekemi Faleti-Dosunmu is an attorney and 2004 graduate from the University of Illinois College of Law. She worked as an attorney for a year and a half before coming to UIC to help students best prepare for law school. She is currently an Executive Board member of the Midwest Association of Pre-Law Advisors.
Appointments are available to UIC students and alumni on Mondays and Wednesdays-Fridays from 8:30-4:30. Initial appointments are scheduled as hour-long sessions, and follow-up appointments are 30 minutes.
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 309 University Hall
- Phone: (312) 996-3366, call to schedule an appointment
- Fax: (312) 413-8577
Initial pre-law advising appointments cover:
- The LSAT
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- The Well-rounded Candidate
- LSAC & CAS
Follow-up appointments vary from student to student and can be devoted to many different issues, such as the following:
- Personal Statement Review
- Determining a List of Schools to Apply to
- Questions About Specific Applications
- Choosing the Right Law School for You
Some Resources Available through Pre-Law Advising:
- LSAT Registration Books
- The Official Guide to U.S. Law Schools
- The MAPLA (Midwest Association of Pre-Law Advisors) Profiles
- Law School Viewbooks/Catalogues
- The Pre-Law Insider Magazine
- The Advisor Pre-Law Magazine
The Pre-Law Advising Roster:
The main way for students to obtain information about law-related opportunities and activities is to be on the pre-law advising roster and mailing list. All incoming and transfer students who mark an interest in pre-law on their admissions applications are automatically added to the pre-law advising roster and mailing list. If you are interested in learning more about advising and pre-law opportunities at UIC and are not currently on the advising roster, please complete the following form.