Pre-law Advising at UIC is sponsored by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences through the LAS Academic Advising Center. Students and alumni from all UIC colleges who are interested in a career in law are encouraged to take advantage of the wealth of resources available through Pre-Law Advising; our services and programs are not limited to LAS students only.
About the Pre-Law Advisor:
Adekemi Faleti-Dosunmu is an attorney and 2004 graduate from the University of Illinois College of Law. She worked as an attorney for a year and a half before coming to UIC to help students best prepare for law school. She is currently an Executive Board member of the Midwest Association of Pre-Law Advisors.
Appointments are available to UIC students and alumni on Mondays and Wednesdays-Fridays from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Initial appointments are scheduled as hour-long sessions, and follow-up appointments are 30 minutes.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 309 University Hall
- Phone: (312) 996-3366, call to schedule an appointment
- Fax: (312) 413-8577
Initial pre-law advising appointments cover:
- The LSAT
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- The Well-rounded Candidate
- LSAC & CAS
Follow-up appointments vary from student to student and can be devoted to many different issues, such as the following:
- Personal Statement Review
- Determining a List of Schools to Apply to
- Questions About Specific Applications
- Choosing the Right Law School for You
Some Resources Available through Pre-Law Advising:
- LSAT Registration Books
- The Official Guide to U.S. Law Schools
- The MAPLA (Midwest Association of Pre-Law Advisors) Profiles
- Law School Viewbooks/Catalogues
- The Pre-Law Insider Magazine
- The Advisor Pre-Law Magazine
The Pre-Law Advising Roster:
The main way for students to obtain information about law-related opportunities and activities is to be on the pre-law advising roster and mailing list. All incoming and transfer students who mark an interest in pre-law on their admissions applications are automatically added to the pre-law advising roster and mailing list. If you are interested in learning more about advising and pre-law opportunities at UIC and are not currently on the advising roster, please complete the following form.